Saturday, September 17, 2011

Coming Soon to My Blog: Television Edition

It’s that time of the year again. The leaves are changing colors. The warm air is fading away. And students are once again attending classes. But something else is about to take place. I’m talking about the new season of many television shows. In the coming weeks, in addition to review movies, I will be voicing my opinions on various programs. So, without further ado, I now present to you:

My Plans for 2011-2012 Television Season!

Here are some of the programs I will be focusing on for my blog:

Show #1: "The Office" -Season 8 Starts September 22 on NBC at 9:00pm










Cast from right to left- Jenna Fisher as Pam Peesly-Halpert, John Krasinki as Jim Halpert, Angela Kinsey as Angela Martin, Kate Flannery as Meredith Palmer, Paul Lieberstein as Toby Flenderson, Raiin Wilson as Dwight Shrute, Leslie David Baker as Stanley Hudson, Brian Baumgartnet as Kevin Malone, Oscar Nunez as Oscar Martinez, Creed Bratton as Creed Bratton, Phyllis Smith as Phyllis Vance, Cody Horn as Jordan Garfield, Zach Woods as Gabe Lewis, Mindy Kaling as Kelly Kapoor, B.J. Novak as Ryan Howard, Craig Robinson as Darryl Philbin, Ed Helms as Andy Bernard, and Ellie Kemper as Erin Hannon



Image taken from http://www.google.com/imgres?q=%22The+Office%22+%2B+%22Cast+Photo%22&hl=en&sa=X&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=wijGwPbvGXPqdM:&imgrefurl=http://some-assembly.blogspot.com/2011/05/this-week-in-awesome-52111.html&docid=Ci3qXibH7aQqEM&w=1600&h=1200&ei=-gt1To25IO3D0AGAz9ymDQ&zoom=1&biw=1280&bih=596&iact=rc&dur=156&page=4&tbnh=107&tbnw=143&start=68&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:68&tx=79&ty=76

As we all know, Steve Carell has left the towards the end of the past season. And that means no more Michael Scott. Fortunately, the rest of the talented cast is still around; thus making the show still worth watching. Also, James Spader will be appearing throughout the series’ eighth season as Robert California; the new CEO of Dunder Mifflin Paper. However, the manager of the Scranton Branch will be announced this Thursday; so we’ll finally be able to know who is going to be the new boss. The week after the premier, I will be posting my thoughts on the replacement for Steve Carell’s beloved character. In addition, following the first few episodes, I will be commenting on the overall state of the show in terms of whether or not the characters are remaining true to themselves as well as the quality of the show’s writing So, enjoy watching the show. And stay tuned for my thoughts!

Show #2: “Community”- Season 3 Starts September 22 on NBC at 8:00pm






Cast from left to right- Joel McHale as Jeff Winger, Alison Brie as Annie Edison, Chevy Chase as Pierce Hawthorne, Yvette Nicole Brown as Shirley Bennet,Donal Glover as Troy Barnes, Ken Jeong as Ben Chang, Danni Pudi as Abed Nadir, and Gillian Jacobs as Britta Perry



Image taken from
http://www.google.com/imgres?q=NBC+Community&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbnid=YNTfB5-cTqBv7M:&imgrefurl=http://podcastical.com/2011/08/podcasts-featuring-nbcs-community/nbc-community/&docid=YCDAt-o3nybUhM&w=1024&h=768&ei=2Qx1TuSTE-bI0AHsp6S5DQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=695&vpy=180&dur=62&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=152&ty=123&page=1&tbnh=108&tbnw=154&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0&biw=1280&bih=596
Just as students are returning to college, it is once again time to return to Greendale Community College for another season of hilarity! I am really excited to see the greatly-assembled and very talented cast reprise their characters for more adventures in learning. The first two seasons were AMAZING; seeing as the cast and crew are able to combine plenty of humor and heart into every episode. And I hope that the third season turns out to be just as fun and memorable. After the first few episodes, I will be posting my thoughts as to whether or not the show is just as good as before or not. Hopefully, it’s still as good as ever! In addition, as I am a fan of both "Community" and "The Office," there will eventually be an evaluation concerning the quality of both shows. I am planning to determine which program features the better cast, the best writing, and the better value. That will be a VERY SERIOUS piece!

Show # 3: "Saturday Night Live"- Season 37 Starts September 24 at 11:30pm on NBC






Cast from left to right- Bobby Moynihan, Taren Killam, Andy Samberg, Abby Elliot, Paul Brittain, Vanessa Bayer, Jason Sudeikis, Seth Meyers, Nasim Pedrad, Fred Armisen, Kenan Thompson, Jay Pharoah, Kristen Wiig, and Bill Hader,



Image taken from http://www.google.com/imgres?q=%22Saturday+Night+Live%22+%2B+Cast+AND+2010-2011&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbnid=eBrsetYVSMQLsM:&imgrefurl=http://andysamberg.blogspot.com/2011/05/new-saturday-night-live-cast-photo.html&docid=gMkQx2qUvC1HtM&w=960&h=462&ei=PQ51TvPLMuHg0QGm2rWLDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=909&vpy=251&dur=62&hovh=156&hovw=324&tx=232&ty=89&page=1&tbnh=82&tbnw=170&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:20,s:0&biw=1280&bih=596
Perhaps my favorite late-night program, I am very excited about reviewing its upcoming Thirty-Seventh season; which will kick off on September 24 with Alec Baldwin as the host and Radiohead as the musical guest. Before the season premier, I will be posting my hopes for the year; as well as my thoughts on the upcoming hosts. Then, when the season starts, I will be blogging the shows as it airs LIVE. I will be commenting on the skits, the performances of the cast as well as the host, and more. Be sure to tune in whenever there’s a new episode; because I’ll be doing this throughout the season!

In addition, throughout the upcoming weeks, I will be featuring the following articles on my blog as well:



· Articles featuring my thoughts on other shows such as “Parks and Recreation” and “30 Rock.”



· A special article concerning Conan O’ Brien’s return to television. This will be posted on my blog by November 8; which will officially mark the anniversary of his new show on TBS)



· And More!



So, here’s to an exciting Fall Television Season! Remember, all my reviews will be in-depth and honest. My opinions are very strong; so you don’t want to miss out on any of them. Combined with my movie reviews, these are going to be exciting months. So, keep visiting my blog on a regular basis. There’s a WHOLE LOT of Nater-Tainment around the corner! Stay tuned!



E-mail me at thatsnatertainment@gmx.com

1 comment: