Sunday, January 15, 2012

That Was An exciting Award Show Filled with Unexpected Wins!!!

I had a great time live-blogging the show; and after tonight, I know what films I want to see-- hopefully before The Academy Awards!

Ricky Gervais was hilarious as expected. Though he wasn't on stage as long as I hoped. His jokes were all funny; but I feel like he was a tad restrained throughout the telecast.

I'm surprised by some of the winners. I'm REALLY surprised that "the Help" didn't win Best Actress in a Drama as well as Best Drama, Viola Davis won Best Actress at Thursday's Critics' Choice Awards; and it also won Best Ensemble as well. The only award it gained was Best Supporting Actress fir Octavia Spencer; who was very good in the film. I look forward to posting a writing about the movie sometime before The Academy Awards.

I'm VERY HAPPY, however, that Maryl Streep won the award for Best Actress in a Drama. She is an AMAZING actress; and she is very appreciative. Her speech was wonderful; and I loved all the wonderful things she said about her fellow nominees. She is an iconic performer and I REALLY want to see "The Iron Lady."

"The Artist" and "The Descendants" cleaned up very well tonight; and henceforth, I want to see both films; particularly "The Artist." I also want to see "Hugo;" considering that Martin Scorsese won the award for Best director. He is a Hollywood legend; and the movie looks VERY intriguing.

I'm a little disappointed that Joseph Gordon-Levitt didn't win the award for Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical. His performance in "50/50" was FANTASTIC; and I wish that he would win an award in the future. He is a Very Good performer; and I look forward to seeing him in more movies.

All in all, this was an enjoyable event. I had a good time live-blogging the show for THREE hours. I loved that the night was filled with surprises. It was an enjoyable telecast and I look forward to live-blogging the Academy Awards on February 26,

And that concludes my live-blogging of The 69th Annual Golden Globes. Thank you all for following me tonight. It's been great as always; and I look forward to posting my next writing. Thanks again and Good Night Everybody!

E-mail me at thatsnatertainment@gmx.com

No comments:

Post a Comment