Saturday, November 5, 2011

All in all,a not-so-great show

Charlie Day did a fine job as host; but I feel that he wasn't as used as he could have been. He provided energy for the show and he tried his best to make the sketches better than they were.

For the show as a whole, I felt that things started off strong with a very good monolgoue; featuring a great cameo by Danny DeVito. Both Day and Devito were hilarious together; as they are on "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". Bill Hader and Charlie Day performed well together during the Dr. Oz Sketch; despite the not-so-amazing material.

The Greek Gods sketch was very good and it was great to see almost the whole cxast act together. Great dialogue was shared between Jason Sudeikis and Day.

Kenen brought us a bad Cee-lo Green sketch that was slightly saved by Charlie Day dancing in a dinosaur costume.

Bill Hader and Kristen Wiig were both great on Update for their respective pieces. Hader did a great job poking fun at Rick Perry And Wiig further demonstarted her great comedic skills with her ability to speak rapidly in a hilarious manner. As for Seth Meyers, he tried, but the material just wasn't good.

The dolphin trainer sketch bombed; despite Day's attempt to save the sketch. Taran Killam did well also; but he had nothing to work with.

The final sketch of the night had bad writing; but the brilliant chemistry between Charlie Day and Jason Sudeikis made the segment memorable. I just wish the two performers had more opportunitites throughout the night to work together.

As for Maroon 5, nothing has to be said. Their performances were nothing special at all and Adam Levine just doesn't do it for me; on account of his mundane vocal performance. Coldplay is DEFINITELY going to be AMAZING next week.

And that's the show. Charlie Day and the cast did the best they could to save the sketches. The material just wasn't great at all; aside from the second sketch of the night (The Greek Gods)

And that's the show. I'm really looking forward to live-blogging next week's episode. I'm truly hoping that Emma Stone is provided with better material than when she first hosted last year. I'm excited to see her on the show again and I really hope the writers don't let her down.

Thank you so much for following me tonight. I had a great time covering the show and I look forward to doing it again next week.

Have a great night and my next writing shoule be up either Tuesday night or sometime Wednesday. I'm taking my time with it because I want it to be REALLY GOOD. Thanks again and good night!

E-mail me at thatsnatertainment@gmx.com

1 comment:

  1. Nice review! I wasn't really impressed with the episode as well.

    ReplyDelete