Sunday, February 26, 2012

That's the show!!!

All in all, an alright telecast.

I have to say that it was slightly better than last year's. But not everything was great at all.

Billy Crystal did an alright job hoisting the show; but he has done MUCH BETTER in the past. His opening monologue seemed very rushed and didn't amaze me like his previous ones. It seems as if he was struggling to keep up with the music. Most of jokes throughout the night were okay; but they weren't memorable. The segments he presented, such as guessing what people in the audience were thinking wasn't funny at all. He also looked like he was going through the motions at different points during the show; and I have a feeling that he4 will not be hosting the show for a while. I just have this feeling.

The presentations were alright; but I feel that they could have been better. My favorite comedic presentation was will ferrell's and Zach Galifianakis'; as their concept was very original and humorous. I But, in all honesty, I think that Melissa McCarthy was TRULY hilarious; as her interaction with Billy Crystal was very funny and I thpught she was very engaging when she was presenting the awards with her "Bridesmaids" co-stars. In fact, I REALLY LIKED seeing all six women introduce the awards together; as they all work VERY WELL together and I'm very glad they got to present more than one award. They truly were one of the best ensembles in a film this year!

I also thought that Meryl Streep and Michael Douglas made very significant introductions; and theirs were ultimately the most meaningful. I also liked the introductions that Natalie Portman and Colin Firth gave for each nominee in the Best Actor and Best Actress categories respectfully. They spoke well and I liked that they added some humor to their praise for the nominees as well.

I also liked the filmed segments that featured various entertainers reflecting their experiences viewing films and making movies. It was nice to see an array of performers; and they really shared some meaningful stories and experiences.

I REALLY want to see "The Artist", "Hugo," and "The Iron Lady;" as they won the evening's top honors. And even though I didn't see "The Iron Lady",I'm very happy for Meryl Streep; who won the award for Best Actress. She is great PERFORMER and one of the best of our time!

I'm happy for Octavia Spencer; who won for her performance in "The Help." She did a very good job and I hope to post a review of "The Help" in the future.

And that concludes my coverage of this year's Academy Awards. Thank you all for following me tonight and I look forward to writing my next piece sometime this week.

Thank you again and have a good night!

E-mail me at thatsnatertainment@gmx.com

I truly

No comments:

Post a Comment