Saturday, May 19, 2012

A "That's Nater-Tainment" Mini-Writing: My Thoughts Regarding Tonight's Season Finale of "Saturday Night Live"


Tonight is the Season Finale for the current 2011-2012 year.  Rolling Stones' Frontman Mick Jagger is serving as the evening's host and musical guest.  Along for the ride are The Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, and Jeff Beck; who will be performing with Jagger at different times during the night.  In addition, there are several unconfirmed rumors that tonight will be the final show for Jason Sudeikis (who joined the cast in May 2005), as well as Andy Samberg and Kristen Wiig;  both of whom joined the cast during the show's Thirty-First Season.  Henceforth, tonight could make for a very special episode.  To mark tonight's episode, I thought I'd make some logical guesses for tonight's broadcast.  So, without further ado, I now present my:

Predictions as to What I could See Take Place During Tonight's Season Finale of “Saturday Night Live”

  1. A parody of the fourth hour of “Today.” Since this is rumored to be Kristen Wiig's final episode, I wouldn't be surprised to see her impression of Kathy Lee Gifford tonight. What's more, I could see the real Kathy Lee Gifford make a surprise appearance. “Saturday night Live” has a habit of having a castmember perform their impression alongside the actual celebrity for a long time now; so I wouldn't be surprised if Gifford makes a surprise appearance. And, if it turns out that tonight is not Kristen Wiig's final show, I could still see Kathy Lee Gifford showing up; considering that it is the season finale anyway.
  2. Since this is also rumored to be Andy Samberg's final season, I am guessing there will be some reference to his most famous digital short “Lazy Sunday.” Perhaps Former Castmember Chris Parnell could show up for a live performance of the song. And with The Foo Fighters, Arcade Fire, and Jeff Beck as well as Mick Jagger in the building, maybe some or all of them could join in the performance. This could serve as a great farewell to Andy Samberg, if he is indeed leaving the show after tonight, and it would be a memorable addition to the show.
  3.  In addition, since this is also rumored to be Jason Sudeikis' final episode as a castmember, I wouldn't be surprised if he does his impression of Sen. Gov. Mitt Romney one more time. I always like his earnest impression of the 2012 Republican Nominee and it would be appropriate for Jason Sudeikis to open the show. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he stays for the first few episodes of the 2012-2013 season; just so he can portray Gov. Romney for all the debate sketches in the fall. Nevertheless, I am predicting that Sudeikis will portray the presidential candidate at either the start of the show or sometime later on during the night.
  4. This does have to do with Jason Sudeiks, Kristen Wiig, or Andy Samberg; but, I could see the surfacing of Featured Player Taran Killam's breakout sketch “Les Junes De Paris.” Since his well-known sketch has proven to be experimental with different genres of music, as the previous installment in Zooey Decshanel's episode featured music akin to the time period of “The Artist”, and that the sketch proved to be tribute to the film as well, I wouldn't be surprised if a sampling of Mick Jagger's music was provided for the segment. In addition, seeing as this could be an episode for which “Saturday Night Live” might choose to make extra special (seeing as it is the season finale), I could see a cameo by either Deschanel or Emma Stone; the latter of whom has been in this sketch twice. Henceforth, I could see a new edition of “Les Junes De Paris” take place at some point during the night.
  5. Finally, and once again if this is her last episode,I could see a big farewell sketch dedicated to Kristen Wiig; during which everyone shares memories of performing alongside her throughout these past seven years. They did a sketch like this during the Twenty-Seventh season finale in 2002 when Will Ferrell left; and seeing as she has accomplished a lot during her tenure on “Saturday Night Live;” I could definitely see a sketch like this take place. In addition, there could also be cameos by Former Castmembers Amy Poehler and Maya Rudolph; both of whom have starred in sketches alongside Kristen Wiig. Perhaps even previous hosts like Jon Hamm, Justin Timberlake, and Melissa McCarthy could appear as well to share their memories. I only say this because Kristen Wiig has been a big part of “Saturday Night Live” and has proven to be the most talented female castmember on the show for the past 3-4 years due to her great comedic timing and keen acting skills. “Saturday Night Live” is truly going to lose A LOT of its comedy when Wiig leaves/.
So there you go. I predict that these listed scenarios will take place during the evening. And throughout the whole show, I will be commenting on the performances and writing as well as anything else that comes to mind. And following the broadcast, I will have a review posted on my blog for you to read. In addition, sometime during the week, I will have a serious review of the 2011-2012 season available as well; complete with my full opinions on what the show will be like in the event that Kristen Wiig, Jason Sudeikis, and Andy Samberg leave. Needless to say, it will feel like a completely different show.

So be sure to have your televisions set to NBC by 11:30pm and have my blog on your computers,. Be sure to keep refreshing your screens so you can see my latest updates. Please feel free to post your thoughts underneath any of remarks by clicking the “comment” link underneath my comments.

So thank you all and I'll see you at 11:30pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment