Friday, November 11, 2011

A "That's Nater-Tainment!" Special Report: Emma Stone Hosts "Saturday Night Live" For The Second Time Tonight!

On October 23, 20120, then-Twenty-Two-Year-Old Actress Emma Stone hosted "Saturday Night Live" for her first time; following her triumphant breakthrough role in "Easy A." And seeing that I was very-much looking forward to her hosting debut, as she is naturally funny and more-than-capable of bestowing an endearing and genuine performance, it truly saddened me to see Stone given barely any special material for the episode. Throughout the episode, she did a fine job with what she had; but alas, Stone had practically nothing to work with. This was greatly disappointing; and since the start of this season, I've been waiting for the talented actress to return to the show and host once more.

Now at the age of twenty-three, Emma Stone returns to the long-running sketch-comedy show for her second hosting stint; following her successful roles in both "Crazy, Stupid, Love" and "The Help" this past summer. And tonight, I am greatly hoping that the the writers of "Saturday Night Live" don't make the same mistake as before; thus allowing Stone to give a fully-unforgettable hosting performance.

And to further express my wish for this evening, I have come up with some ways to enable Emma Stone to have a very memorable episode. Thus, without further ado, I now present:

Sketch Predictions and Possibilities for Episode Six of "Saturday Night Live's" Thirty-Seventh Season: Emma Stone / Coldplay






Image OF Emma Stone, Coldplay, and "Saturday Night Live" castmember Bill Hader taken from taken from http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=592&tbm=isch&tbnid=PSMsLoKEhgMUiM:&imgrefurl=http://entertainmentalley.com/&docid=gfewujYOnaub6M&imgurl=http://entertainmentalley.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/EmmaStone-HostsSNL-Coldplay.jpg&w=600&h=447&ei=ZPS-Tu7VEcTY0QGlmtngBA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=250&sig=105171626053390580017&page=9&tbnh=108&tbnw=178&start=175&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:175&tx=95&ty=51

1) Since Emma Stone is going to be starring as Spider-Man’s love Interest Gwen Stacy in the upcoming reboot, due out July 3, 2012, I would like to see a sketch that spoofs the upcoming blockbuster. I could see a skit that features the actress appearing at a comic book convention; where she answers resolute fans’ questions about the movie. Or possibly, maybe Andrew Garfield, who is playing the titular hero, could make a surprise appearabce at some point during the telecast; allowing an opportunity for both performers to poke fun at the upcoming movie. Maybe they could appear in a sketch that sppofs the filming process for "The Amazing Spider-Man." Or better yet, perhaps both Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone appear on “Weekend Update” to share their opinions on ever –suffering Broadway musical “Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark" as to how the show can be properly retooled. In short terms, the writers of "Saturday Night Live" have a great opportunity on their hands tonight and I truly hope they can create a hilarious and memorable segment.

2) Bearing in mind that the next installment of the “Twilight” franchise opens on November 18, I would not be surprised to see a sketch lampooning the forthcoming film. I could see Emma Stone hilariously-impersonate Kristen Stewart in a possible sketch; as well as two of the male castmembers hilariously-imitating stars Robert Rattinson and Taylor Lautner. I could the spoof be done as either a sketch or as a commercial-parody; complete with an overly-enthusiastic announcer excessively-praising the film. In other words, I’m hoping the writers of “Saturday Night Live” use this episode as an opportunity to satirize the soon-to-be-blockbuster; as I know that Emma Stone and the cast can succeed in giving great performances.


3) Considering that the Digital Shorts of “Saturday Night Live” have the potential to be very hilarious and popular, so much so they often become viral hits on YouTube, I would not be shocked to see an elaborate pre-filmed musical piece starring Emma Stone and Andy Samberg. In addition, seeing as musical guests like Nicki Minaj and Paul McCartney have appeared in past digital shorts, I could see Coldplay's Chris Martin providing vocals at a specific part of the short. I’m sure the result would be very funny; especially if it’s as amazing catchy as previous “Digital Shorts” like 2005’s “Lazy Sunday” as well as last year’s hit “Jack Sparrow”- which featured a more-than-hilarious performance by Michael Bolton.


And lastly,

4) Since Emma Stone portrayed Lindsay Lohan during a parody of "The View" last time she hosted, I would not be surprised if she reprises the impression. If they do go this route, I could see Stone impersonate the actress holding a press conference that addresses her current situation; and many of the castmembers would portray anxious reporters looking for a good soundbite. Or, I could also see Stone portray Lindsay Lohan in a sketch that's spoofing either “Access Hollywood” or Entertainment Tonight." And, in all honesty, this sketch would be an exciting way to open the episode; as Emma Stone can have the oppurtunity to enthusiastically say the iconic phrase “Live From New York, It’s Saturday Night!” If they were to do an opening like this, I'm sure it would be very entertaining and memorable.



Image taken from

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=592&tbm=isch&tbnid=Uyuan0KBgLkKjM:&imgrefurl=http://coolspotters.com/clothing/miu-miu-fall-2010-rtw-black-mini-dress-with-metal-floral-applique-detail/and/tv-shows/saturday-night-live/media/1026941&docid=Q-Gdrt3KhhuEnM&imgurl=http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/432346/emma-stone-and-miu-miu-fall-2010-rtw-black-mini-dress-with-metal-floral-applique-detail-gallery.jpg&w=470&h=262&ei=ZZ2-TtHvIujw0gG49rSpBA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=512&vpy=109&dur=2344&hovh=167&hovw=301&tx=120&ty=84&sig=105171626053390580017&page=1&tbnh=125&tbnw=167&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0
So there you go. These are possible ideas that would allow Emma Stone to utilize her great comedic talents and acting skills. The cast and crew of "Saturday Night Live" have plenty to work with tonight; and I hope they don't mess anything up at all. I'm sure that Emma Stone will do all she can to promise a great show. I just hope the writers don't let her down once more.

Thus, I’m truly looking forward to watching the episode and posting my opinions on all the sketches and performances as they happen. Please feel free to comment on any of my posts; as your feedback is very important. I’m excited about this week’s episode as I’m sure it will be a great one. Thus be sure to have your televisions turned to NBC at 11:30pm sharp and your computers set to my blog as well. It’s going to be a lot of fun and it’s all going to be LIVE!!! Stay tuned and I’ll see you at 11:30pm!!!

E-mail me at thatsnatertainment@gmx.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm ready for the disappointment -- Which is genrally why I probably won't watch LIVE tonight... But I will DVR it and read your review before I watch it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete