Sunday, June 5, 2011

Are You Ready for Tonight?

In just a few hours, The 2011 MTV Movie Awards are going to air live. And beginning at 9:00pm, I will be covering the whole show as it airs; commenting on the winners, the losers, and everything else in between. So, before the show airs, I would like to share a few thoughts on the show:

1. Like the past two years, I am predicting that the latest "Twilight" film will dominate all categories it is nominated for. Once again, Robert Patterson will win "Best Male Performance;" and Kristen Stewart will once again claim the "Best Female Performance" Award-- just as she did last year and in 2009 as well. "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" will also claim the awards for "Best Kiss," "Best Fight," "Best Breakthrough Performance," and of course, "Best Movie."

All of these outcomes are more-than-likely to happen because the "Twilight" fanatics always vote like the sheep that they are. These extreme fans do not take into consideration all the great performances of the other nominated actresses and actors within all categories. And, to me, that is very disappointing and unfortunate.

2. I am excited to see Jason Sudeikis as the host of tonight's ceremony. I love his work on SNL and he is definitely one of my favorite castmembers. I am looking forward to seeing him emcee the awards; and I hope that he gets to make a lot of good jokes throughout the night.

3. Also, I am excited to see what film spoofs will be done tonight. As The MTV Movie Awards have always done great parodies of different films, I am hoping that there will be memorable send-ups of nominated movies like "The Social Network", "Inception," and, of course, "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse."

4. I am also looking forward to seeing Reese Witherspoon being honored with "The MTV Generation Award." I have always enjoyed her performances in different films and she is a very talented actress. I am happy that she is being recognized by MTV and it should be a very memorable presentation.

5. Finally, I am looking forward to seeing what surprises are in store for us this evening. Since this is "The MTV Movie Awards," anything is possible. Also, it will be great seeing different celebrities present the awards and I'm sure there will be some great and unexpected moments during the program. And who knows? Maybe there will be a surprise win in opne of the categories. Here's hoping for something really, really, unforgettable!

So, no matter how you look at it, I'm sure it will be a fun night for all. I'm looking forward to blogging the whole show and I really want to hear your comments. Please post your thoughts under any comments you find to be interesting. I want to hear your opinions!

So, get ready for tonight. At 9:00pm, go to my blog for the fun! I'll see you there!

Email me at thatsnatertainment@gmx.com

No comments:

Post a Comment